Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Little Pond Big Results

I went to work at 4 am today because of the snow.  When I came home from work I decided to go to Parowan with my wife and try out a small pond about 5 miles up Parowan Canyon called the Fore bay. It is a small pond on the east side of the Hwy and it is next to the Yankee turn off.  I was only able to fish for a little over an hour and caught 9 fish  (2 brookies, 7 rainbows). All of the fish were caught on a white jig tipped with a night crawler.  The water is murky so I just let it fall to the bottom, took my jig up about a foot, and jigged it often. Fun trip and I will have to try it again soon!

2 comments:

  1. This summer i thought that there was only one fish in there. This winter has proven me wrong on that. I have been there twice with Anthony and Aaron. I have had a blast both times. I never thought that little pond could have that many fish in it. We have caught most of ours the same way, towards the bottom. However the last Friday evening the fish kept swimming right at the bottom of our holes in the ice. We had the best luck with the white jig in the day and the glow jigs at night, both times tipped with mealworms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Malia I did not know that you were into fishing so much That makes you twice as cool! Thanks for the update on the night/ice fishing I have never done it and it sound way fun! I hope to try it soon!

      Delete